An Asian MetaCentre Training Workshop on “Demographic Analysis and Computer Application”
In this comprehensive workshop, participants get the knowledge on how to use advanced spreadsheet techniques (Excel) to present and analyze demographic data. Each topic is aimed at showing how to apply different advanced Excel techniques to solve typical tasks of demographic analysis. The following major topics are aimed to be covered:
1. The use of advanced Excel functions for making charts
2. Period-cohort transformation
3. Life tables and mortality analysis
4. Multi-decrement life tables.
5. Using regression approach to close life tables (regression with Excel)
6. Fertility tables.
7. Stationary and stable populations.
8. Introduction to Visual Basic for application (VBA)
9. Population projections and the use of more advanced VBA techniques.
10. Models of age patterns of vital events.
11. Data graduation and smoothing technique.
12. Parameterized population projection.
13. New measures of ageing
14. An introduction to R language for demographers
For queries, please contact the secretariat:
Mr. Paolo Vicerra
College of Population Studies,
Visid Prachuabmoh Building
Telephone: (66) 02-218-7350
Fax: (66) 02-255-1469
Click here for more details.